Tax form with coins and pen


Oh yes. This is the time of the year you will get a reminder of taxes. In your mailbox, you will receive information about filing your 2016 taxes from our friends at the IRS. Among the things that need to be completed is sending out W2s by the end of this month.

All accountants should be aware of this and have or are preparing these for their clients. If you do you own accounting, be sure not to miss this deadline. In fact, changes like this are a good reason to work with an accountant and for many businesses you will want to work with a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).

CPAs pass a difficult exam and are licensed within a state. They can help individuals and companies with matters beyond taxes including some financial planning, investments, mergers and acquisitions and more. If you work with a CPA who is also a Certified Financial Planner (CFP), that person is also licensed for financial planning and can provide the full scope of financial services one might need.

Les Merritt is a CPA and a CFP as well as being a Dave Ramsey Endorsed Local Provider. This is not an easy designation to earn. Dave Ramsey only endorses the most skilled and caring professionals and then they are held to a higher standard of excellence.

A 45-person team interviewed Les several times and once he was endorsed the team provides support to make sure he offers the same advice Dave would give. Like other ELPs, Les is evaluated on his performance monthly and clients have a voice in the evaluation.

Now is the time to call Les Merritt and get set for 2017. Contact him at (919) 269-8553 today.

Designed & Hosted by RFTimberlake & Company - Web Services